- 15th November – Latimer Estate, Chesham HP5 1UG
- 7th March 2019 – West Lodge Hotel, Cockfosters Road, Barnet EN4 0PY
- 2nd April 2019 – Buckinghamshire Golf club, Denham Court Drive, Denham UB9 5PG
- 15th October 2019 – Luton Hoo Hotel, Luton LU1 3TQ
- 7th November 2019 – Tewinbury Farm Hotel, Hertford Rd, Welwyn AL6 0JB
Please fill out the form below to register. You can select the event you want to attend using the drop down list and then just let us know how many of you will be attending using the final box.
More details about the seminars can be found further down this page.
About the Seminars
We are offering a series of seminars for individuals as they approach retirement. These seminars are intended for people within five years of retirement and will:
- Cover the various options regarding how to take your benefits.
- Give examples of how each option may appeal to certain clients.
- Highlight some of the pitfalls.
- Give you an insight into the sorts of questions you should be asking yourself before making any decision.
- Show how retirement planning is about all of your assets, not just your pension plans.
Why should you Consider Retirement Planning:
The new pension freedoms have allowed so much more opportunity for people to decide how they want to take their pension benefits. Unfortunately this includes the freedom to make a decision which could destroy their retirement from a financial point of view. Getting advice is therefore critical to a successful retirement, but how do you get that advice?
The Government has set up a system where individuals can get guidance. The problem is that guidance is not advice and, from what we hear, that guidance is often a recommendation to get advice.
Getting advice involves paying a fee and many individuals are therefore reluctant to do so. It can be hard to assess whether the fee is worthwhile until you have received the advice.
Speaker: Barry Rogers
Barry has joined us from Price Bailey LLP where he was a Senior Manager in charge of sales and research for their Private Client service. He was also Compliance Officer for Price Bailey Private Client.
We cannot give advice without knowing all of our clients’ circumstances, objectives and tolerance to risk. The seminars will consist of information only rather than personalised advice, and we cannot and will not be trying to sell anything.
Arrival 6.30pm, seminar to commence at 7.00pm and will formally finish at 8.30pm. Please join us afterwards in the bar for a drink and canapés.
Naturally, feel free to bring along your partner. You may also want to invite any friends or colleagues who you feel may benefit. All we ask is that you let us know how many will be attending.
Barry will be available after the seminar if you have any questions you would prefer to raise on a one to one basis.
Please use the form above or email Barry.Rogers@gwmfs.co.uk or call our offices on 020 3030 4141 if you wish to attend.