Is it time to review your pension?
Pensions Freedom, introduced on the 6th April 2015, gives you more flexibility in how you take your pension savings.
However, where your pension has been in place for many years, it may no longer be meeting your needs:
- Your pension may not offer all the options available under Pensions Freedom, including accessing your benefits flexibly from age 55 (read more). *Rising to 57 from 6th April 2028
- The investment choice may not provide the returns you’re looking for.
- The investment risk may be inappropriate – perhaps too high or too low.
- Your selected retirement age may no longer be what you’re looking for.
- If you’re in poor health, you may wish to access your benefits earlier and more flexibility.
- The death benefits may no longer be suitable, especially as Pensions Freedom provides more choice.
- Meet with your adviser regularly to ensure your pension is on track.
It is probable that over time that you have contributed to various different pension schemes. It could be beneficial to consolidate these into a single bespoke arrangement.
You could consider combining your pension pots into a single pension fund :
To make the process simple and understandable, you should seek Independent Financial Advice.
We can help. Our Independent pension advice will:
- Locate, identify and review your existing pension pots.
- Ensure you fully understand what you have already accumulated.
- Create a unified approach to help you monitor your fund’s progress.
- Advise you on all your retirement options.
- Provide you with ongoing reviews, to ensure things stay on track.