Held on Tuesday 2nd February 10-11am
- The importance of IHT planning
- IHT saving structures relevant to residential property (e.g. buy to lets and second homes) & gifting rules
- How to protect your business interests & succession planning
- The different types of investment wrappers suited to succession planning
- How to build a tailored investment portfolio which maximises any inheritance
In the second instalment Liz Jones, a Partner in the Private Client London team at Sherrards, discussed the importance of inheritance tax (IHT) planning both during your lifetime and as part of your Will on death. This will include IHT saving structures and the rules relating to lifetime gifting.
She also discussed the importance of preparing tailored, tax efficient Wills for those with business interests or who are non-UK domiciled, and in relation to succession planning in general, as well as other IHT saving tips relating to life insurance policies and death benefits.
Andrew Willis, a senior Wealth Manager at Grosvenor Wealth Management, provided some guidance on how to build an investment legacy for your family.