Choppy waters, not full-on gale
Wait for the bad weather to pass and stay on course.
Welcome to the latest issue. Inside, you’ll find an array of articles about how we can help you further to plan, grow, protect and preserve your wealth. As we all know, the ultimate goal money can buy is financial freedom.
Volatility fluctuates based on where we are in the economic cycle, but it is a normal feature of markets that investors should expect. From the unfathomable Brexit playbook and the continued prominence of populist ideology, to unconventional US foreign policy and the retirement of Draghi, the highly respected European Central Bank president, uncertainty prevails. On page 6, we consider why it is essential not to panic and to keep a perspective when markets are turbulent.
On page 5, we look at passing on wealth and why it is a sensitive subject, not just because of the financial complexities of it all, but also the emotion and family politics involved. Having built up their business or wealth, many families often wish to enjoy it whilst also ensuring that it is passed on to the next generation in their families. But some people find the idea of discussing passing on wealth uncomfortable.
Today, you’ve got a number of options and permutations available when it comes to what to do with your pension in retirement. But lots of choice can also mean increased confusion. Your retirement might seem like a far-off prospect, but knowing how you can access your pension pot can help you understand how best to build for the future you want. Turn to page 10 to look at your options.
Also inside this issue, we suggest the ‘top 5’ list of tax planning areas to consider now; ask ‘Should you invest into a pension or an ISA?’; and explain how to prepare your portfolio for inflation. A full list of the articles featured in this issue appears opposite.
- Page 03 SMART INVESTMENTS Should I invest into a pension or an ISA?
- Page 04 GOLDILOCKS ECONOMY How to prepare your portfolio for inflation
- Page 05 HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WELL ADVISED Financial complexities of passing on wealth
- Page 06 CHOPPY WATERS, NOT FULL-ON GALE Wait for the bad weather to pass and stay the course
- Page 08 RETIREMENT LONGEVITY Your destiny is now in your own hands
- Page 09 TAXING TIMES ‘Top 5’ list of planning areas
- Page 10 SHOW ME THE MONEY Turning pensions into money you can use
- Page 12 PROTECTING WHAT MATTERS Those dearest to us, and those financially dependent upon us