What does Wealth look like to you?
Welcome to our first edition for 2020.
Inside this issue, we feature articles covering a number of different topics to help you successfully grow and protect your wealth.
Whether it’s stopping smoking, losing weight, eating more healthily or getting fitter, most of us have probably made at least one New Year’s resolution, but how many of us will actually go on to achieve it? We all have different financial goals and aspirations in life, yet these goals can often seem out of reach. On page 04, if your New Year’s resolutions include giving your financial plans an overhaul, we’ve provided our financial planning tips to help you create a robust financial plan for 2020 and beyond.
Estate planning is an important part of wealth management, no matter how much wealth you have built up. It’s the process of making a plan for how your assets will be distributed upon your death or incapacitation. On page 08, we consider why having an effective estate plan in place will not only help to ensure that those you care about the most will be taken care of when you’re no longer around, but it can also help minimise Inheritance Tax (IHT) liabilities and ensure that assets are transferred in an orderly manner.
It’s a dream for many that after years of hard work, it’s finally time to travel to far-off lands and enjoy retirement without worrying about finances. With milder winters, warmer summers and the potential to get more from your pension pot, it’s not surprising that some people decide to retire abroad. On page 12, read about how, with some planning beforehand, the dream of retiring abroad can become a reality.
A full list of the articles featured in this issue appears opposite
- Page 03 ISA RETURNS OF THE YEAR Time to explore your ISA options?
- Page 04 2020 FINANCIAL RESOLUTIONS What does wealth look like to you?
- Page 06 LIFE IS FULL OF UNCERTAINTIES If the worst were to happen, would your bills still get paid?
- Page 07 TAX-EFFICIENT INVESTING Legitimate ways for higher earners to reduce a tax bill
- Page 08 ESTATE PROTECTION Preserving your wealth and transferring it effectively
- Page 10 PENSION FREEDOMS Retirees now have a whole host of new options
- Page 12 RETIRING ABROAD Prior preparation is key for a smooth transition into your new life
INFORMATION IS BASED ON OUR CURRENT UNDERSTANDING OF TAXATION LEGISLATION AND REGULATIONS. ANY LEVELS AND BASES OF, AND RELIEFS FROM, TAXATION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THE VALUE OF INVESTMENTS MAY GO DOWN AS WELL AS UP, AND YOU MAY GET BACK LESS THAN YOU INVESTED.